Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Propecia sexual side effects - expected and unexpected

Originally Posted by peforeal
No libido problems, impotence problems, etc., and I’ve kept my hair.

I’ve been to Hawaii and met PEforeal in person. He has lovely dark wavy hair befitting a man of his good looks and outstandingly friendly personality. He just wouldn’t look right bald. :D

I have been taking propecia for about 21 months. My libido dropped but I think one could argue that had to do with my drop in testosterone. I too get brain fog and again another symptom of low testosterone. But I have great hair. I know Dino mentioned some loss of libido, but he had an EXTREMELY hot wife and went on to average hotties so maybe that was his problem.

I am already short (5’67898989” tall) and overweight (now), the last thing I want to be is bald too. Now way, I look better with hair,just look at my avatar.

Anyway try it until something better comes along.

Good luck
789


You all are still missing the point... The story was great and all but should have ass (and) some anal in it.- RWG

Originally Posted by MDC
Another thing to know is that you could take 1/10th the regular 1mg propecia dose and have almost the same benefit for your hair, with much less chance for bad sides. I’m taking .3mg per day with nothing bad to report.

Could you site some sources for this?

Ive heard the bald guy pitbull look is a favourite of women more then a few times, has to be be done with confidence though. Maybe its just because it underlines your a man, the opposite of a long hair look

Originally Posted by Peter Dick

What planet do you live on? Plenty of women suffer from hairloss.

Of course, if by “plenty” you mean 1/100 as many women have it as men. It’s not called “male pattern baldness” for nothing :)

Originally Posted by MDC
Another thing to know is that you could take 1/10th the regular 1mg propecia dose and have almost the same benefit for your hair, with much less chance for bad sides. I’m taking .3mg per day with nothing bad to report.


I too would like to know if this has been reported elsewhere, and if anyone else has tried it with success? Because these pills cost $$ and it would definitely be nice to cut it down by 2/3 or more.

Zaneblue: Your theory makes a lot of sense. But just playing devil’s advocate…
You found not one but two reasons that baldness would win a male, uh, preferential treatment from females (and where’d you hear that about high DHT = higher sperm motility?). But it seems like historically it just hasn’t been a popular look. Even today it’s relatively popular, but still a niche preference, as it were.

Another thing. Baldness comes later in life, well after a man has developed sexually, well after his sexual prime, well after he’s gone through the whole mate-selection gauntlet. It’s true that many men can go on propagating until they are good and old, but still, why would such an apparent advantage as baldness come on so late in the game?

All that aside, it’s good to know that there are at least some women out there who get turned on by bald heads. And high hairlines: I have a friend who has a definite preference for that. So, maybe men worry about hair loss a lot more than they should.

Originally Posted by thelovelybone

Another thing. Baldness comes later in life, well after a man has developed sexually, well after his sexual prime, well after he’s gone through the whole mate-selection gauntlet. It’s true that many men can go on propagating until they are good and old, but still, why would such an apparent advantage as baldness come on so late in the game?

I don’t know about that. I started losing hair when I was 24 and I know of others that started losing as early as 19.

I started about 15 months ago and the first two months my libido dropped big time, it was funny I stopped thinking about my dick and sex I was like George in that Seinfeld episode when he stopped thinking about sex and became a genius. I was able to get so much shit done but than it slowly came back and I would say it’s 95% back. I would also say my hair is a lot thicker now and I’m real happy about that. I really wish I didn’t have to take anything but I’m pretty vain and single now so I want hair because while a few chicks like bald guys most don’t. I’m not taking this age thing laying down I plan on looking my best for as long as I can. I never had problem while having sex when I started with the Propecia I just didn’t think about as much or get serious night wood like I normally do.

Oh yeah and westla has great hair you would never know he had to take anything:)


I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

Originally Posted by Dino9X7

Oh yeah and westla has great hair you would never know he had to take anything:)

And he looks much younger than his stated chronological age. Hey, maybe the propecia is also the fountain of youth! LOL. I’m settling for just maintaining my hair. My brother went the way of my hair-challenged dad, and somehow I don’t think that bald look on top with the long ponytail would work for me.


Forum Guidelines PAST: 5.25"L x 4.75"G (base),EBP (January 2001) / PRESENT: 7.50"L x 7.00G (base),EBP It doesn't happen overnight! Commitment! Focus! Patience!/ Main Routine = Pumping/Jelqing/clamping + Homedic TheraP or ACE Wrap TheraP or ACE Wrap

Originally Posted by Dino9X7
I started about 15 months ago and the first two months my libido dropped big time, it was funny I stopped thinking about my dick and sex I was like George in that Seinfeld episode when he stopped thinking about sex and became a genius. I was able to get so much shit done but than it slowly came back and I would say it’s 95% back. I would also say my hair is a lot thicker now and I’m real happy about that. I really wish I didn’t have to take anything but I’m pretty vain and single now so I want hair because while a few chicks like bald guys most don’t. I’m not taking this age thing laying down I plan on looking my best for as long as I can. I never had problem while having sex when I started with the Propecia I just didn’t think about as much or get serious night wood like I normally do.

Oh yeah and westla has great hair you would never know he had to take anything:)

It’s funny that propecia either affects someone real quick or not until a very long time. Some of the guys in the propecia side effects groups got hit after only about a month or so on it and have not recovered in over 3 years or more. Others like me were not hit until we were on it for several years. I haven’t heard of anyone that was hit after more than 10 years on it like I was.

You don’t need 1mg daily of finasteride to get hair benefits. If you check a hairloss forum, you’ll find plenty of experience with finasteride and side effects.

I don´t remember having any side effects…but reading some posts here worried me.

I started with propecia in 1999, maybe 98.

cheers,

Josip

In defense of my baldness theory, baldness does start at an early age for some men. Also many secondary sexual characteristics come with age well past puberty, like a big rack of antlers. Evolution favors more mature males. Also as for style preference that doesn’t always follow biology. For example female sexual attractiveness is biologically determined by waist/hip ratio and that certainly hasn’t been consistently thought attractive. Likewise for that matter big penises. For example the ancient Greeks:

http://www.marksimpson.com/pages/jo…-penistory.html

Can’t fight fashion I suppose.


I think it's the woman's job to tighten up to fit her man--it's lots easier for us.

Buy my book! The Orgasmic Diet by Marrena Lindberg

Originally Posted by maxzax
A few of you guys maybe interested in this group.

Http://health.groups.yahoo.com/grou…e_side_effects/

I have been in that group for a long time and there is a lot of real good information in it. There is also a doctor that posts there.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 PM.