Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Garlic.

Onions and garlic: not only anti-cancer, anti-arthritis too

Posted on January 5, 2011 by Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

The Allium family of vegetables, which includes onions, garlic, leeks, shallots, chives, and scallions add more than just flavor to your diet, they also add anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant compounds.

Epidemiological studies have found that increased consumption of Allium vegetables is associated with lower risk of gastric and prostate cancers, and this is thought to be due to their organosulfur compounds, which are released when the vegetables are chopped, crushed, or chewed. These compounds prevent the development of cancers by detoxifying carcinogens, halting cancer cell growth, and preventing tumors from obtaining a blood supply.[1]

New research suggests that the organosulfur compounds in Allium family members may also have anti-inflammatory actions that protect against osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is characterized by painful degradation of the cartilage in the joints of the knees, hands, hips, back, and/or neck. Osteoarthritis is a common chronic condition among middle-aged and elderly persons, a progressive disease affecting nearly 27 million Americans. It is the most common cause of disability in the U.S. [2]

Excess weight is a risk factor for osteoarthritis (particularly in the knee), and scientists hypothesized that in addition to mechanical pressure on the joints in overweight individuals, a diet low in micronutrients may also contribute to the progression of osteoarthritis. Oxidative stress is known to contribute to osteoarthritis by damaging cartilage[3], and levels of endogenous antioxidants are suppressed in the fluid of arthritic joints compared to joints with intact cartilage. [4] Dietary antioxidants are thought to be protective against osteoarthritis, but other micronutrients have not yet been studied.

Dietary patterns and osteoarthritis were assessed in a study of 1086 women. After adjustment for age, body mass index, and physical activity, the ‘fruit and vegetable’ dietary pattern, which was characterized by frequent intake of fruit, Allium vegetables, and cruciferous vegetables and low intake of fried potatoes, was protective for hip osteoarthritis. Two specific food groups also had strong beneficial effects: non-citrus fruits and Allium vegetables.

To investigate a potential mechanism by which Allium vegetables might protect the joints from cartilage damage, researchers then tested diallyl disulphide (DADS; an organosulfur compound) for its effects on inflammation-induced cartilage damage in vitro. DADS suppressed the expression of matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) – MMPs are elevated in response to inflammatory signals and contribute to the cartilage degradation characteristic of osteoarthritis.[5] These results suggest that organosulfur compounds in Allium vegetables can help to prevent or halt the progression of osteoarthritis.
……
http://www.diseaseproof.com/archive…hritis-too.html

Nothing new to me :P

I use to do tons of garlic. Got to the point where folks told me I stink. It comes through your skin and can also cause stomach issues. FARTS!!!! and LOTS of them.

I now use Ginger. I usually blend up about 4” of the 3/4” thick root in water and gulp down. That, coupled with 1000mg vitamin C and 2000mg L-lysine and 2000mg L-argenine does wonders for me. Coupled with 1tbsp raw maca powder and 1g tongkat ali per day = Super Boner.

I also do tons of kegels too though. Probably 10,000 a day. I’ve become so use to doing them I don’t even realize I’m doing them.

Viagra = crap and has side effects. I’m starting to believe that nature has everything we need, but unfortunately there’s no manual. Garlic is terrible though. Eating a clove a day I suppose is ok, but when people around me start to tell me I stink, that’s when I had to stop.

Also, I’ve heard that garlic can make you tired. I’ve read that pilots are forbidden to take garlic supplements. Not sure if that is true though.


Since you are my property, the contents of your mind are also my property, and you will give them to me when I ask.

Drink lemmon juice and you will not stink anymore. :)

Originally Posted by kfarrelldba
Eating a clove a day I suppose is ok, but when people around me start to tell me I stink, that’s when I had to stop.


I went through a cooking with curry stage that the wife told me the same thing. You stink. Everything in moderation.

I love garlic and cook with it almost everyday, but within the amounts called for in the recipe.

Originally Posted by kfarrelldba

It comes through your skin and can also cause stomach issues. FARTS!!!!

I saw a snippet from a french cooking show a few nights ago and apparently if you remove the germ from the centre of the garlic you won’t get stomach issues.


I'm a big fan of 50 Cent, or as we call him in Zimbabwe, four hundred million dollars.

Originally Posted by kfarrelldba
I use to do tons of garlic. Got to the point where folks told me I stink. It comes through your skin and can also cause stomach issues. FARTS!!!! and LOTS of them.

I now use Ginger. I usually blend up about 4” of the 3/4” thick root in water and gulp down. That, coupled with 1000mg vitamin C and 2000mg L-lysine and 2000mg L-argenine does wonders for me. Coupled with 1tbsp raw maca powder and 1g tongkat ali per day = Super Boner.

I also do tons of kegels too though. Probably 10,000 a day. I’ve become so use to doing them I don’t even realize I’m doing them.

Viagra = crap and has side effects. I’m starting to believe that nature has everything we need, but unfortunately there’s no manual. Garlic is terrible though. Eating a clove a day I suppose is ok, but when people around me start to tell me I stink, that’s when I had to stop.

Also, I’ve heard that garlic can make you tired. I’ve read that pilots are forbidden to take garlic supplements. Not sure if that is true though.

When you’re using all that stuff, how do you know what’s working and what’s not?


"Look what your brother did to the door!"

Does lemon juice really make a difference with the body odor that is caused by garlic? It effects me so bad my wife doesn’t won’t me to eat it. How much lemon juice should I drink at a time and how often?

Originally Posted by Leatherface
When you’re using all that stuff, how do you know what’s working and what’s not?

I’ve pretty much narrowed it down to the Ginger and the kegels. I don’t take all that stuff every day.


Since you are my property, the contents of your mind are also my property, and you will give them to me when I ask.

Originally Posted by hardbody

Does lemon juice really make a difference with the body odor that is caused by garlic? It effects me so bad my wife doesn’t won’t me to eat it. How much lemon juice should I drink at a time and how often?

Well hard to give a standard dosage. Generally speaking juice contained in 1/2 lemmon at most does the job for me.

Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2013 Jul;6(7):711-8. doi: 10.1158/1940-6207.CAPR-13-0015. Epub 2013 May 8.
Raw garlic consumption as a protective factor for lung cancer, a population-based case-control study in a Chinese population.
Jin ZY1, Wu M, Han RQ, Zhang XF, Wang XS, Liu AM, Zhou JY, Lu QY, Zhang ZF, Zhao JK.

Abstract
Protective effect of garlic on the development of cancer has been reported in the in vitro and in vivo experimental studies; however, few human epidemiologic studies have evaluated the relationship. A population-based case-control study has been conducted in a Chinese population from 2003 to 2010, with the aim to explore the association between raw garlic consumption and lung cancer.

Epidemiologic data were collected by face-to-face interviews using a standard questionnaire among 1,424 lung cancer cases and 4,543 healthy controls. Unconditional logistic regression was used to estimate adjusted ORs and their 95% confidence intervals (CI), and to evaluate ratio of ORs (ROR) for multiplicative interactions between raw garlic consumption and other risk factors. After adjusting for potential confounding factors, raw garlic consumption of 2 times or more per week is inversely associated with lung cancer (OR = 0.56; 95% CI, 0.44-0.72) with a monotonic dose-response relationship (Ptrend < 0.001). Furthermore, strong interactions at either additive and/or multiplicative scales were observed between raw garlic consumption and tobacco smoking [synergy index (SI) = 0.70; 95% CI, 0.57-0.85; and ROR = 0.78; 95% CI, 0.67-0.90], as well as high-temperature cooking oil fume (ROR = 0.77; 95% CI, 0.59-1.00).

In conclusion, protective association between intake of raw garlic and lung cancer has been observed with a dose-response pattern, suggesting that garlic may potentially serve as a chemopreventive agent for lung cancer. Effective components in garlic in lung cancer chemoprevention warrant further in-depth investigation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23658367

Finally Something Works

I’m 25 yrs old addicted to porn. That’s 1 issue but when I actually get a woman to have sex I can get a erection but it’s very weak, so embarrassed thank God for this forum. I take a green tea , cayenne pepper and ginger root capsules got them all at GNC, doesn’t cause random erections but when it’s time for business it’s hard as a brick.

Top

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:46 PM.