Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Cheap Dostinex: Megadosis Of Vitamin B6 And E - personal experience

123

Cheap Dostinex: Megadosis Of Vitamin B6 And E - personal experience

I have a hard time reaching the orgasm when having sex; while it can be fun to a point, trust me if a woman doesn’t see you ejaculating she will not be happy. So I thought I must have high prolactin levels and searched for something that could lower it. Among other things, I found studies showing that vitamin B6 and E could be very effective for that.

I tried first vitamin E, which is not toxic even at high dosis. Up to 800 mg per day it did nothing for me. Then I tried vitamin B6. 600 mg per day did the trick, I could come, I had short refractory period, I was more horny. Is that a placebo effect? Could be.

Vitamin B6 under the form of piridoxine cloridrate is cheap; over 300mg per day is toxic on the long run though, causing nerve damage and loss of stability, so if you try that don’t take it for more than 4 weeks straight. Of course you could find a lower dose is effective for you (or is ineffective even at higher doses). For me it works pretty fast, after a couple of hours I feel more horny and sensitive.

That’s all folks, if you like to try it report back.

Vitamin B6

Originally Posted by marinera
Vitamin B6 under the form of piridoxine cloridrate is cheap; over 300mg per day is toxic on the long run though, causing nerve damage and loss of stability, so if you try that don’t take it for more than 4 weeks straight. Of course you could find a lower dose is effective for you (or is ineffective even at higher doses). For me it works pretty fast, after a couple of hours I feel more horny and sensitive.

Interesting. Marinera,exactly what size dose of Vitamin B6 were you taking?

600 mg/day works for me. Less doesn’t.

Vitamin B6

Marinera, did some local research.

In Australia it is sold in the form of Pyridoxine Hydrochloride in tablets up to 200mg and appears to be used for women for the relief of prementrual symptoms.

According to Wikipedia

“It is required for the production of the monoamine neurotransmitters serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine, as it is the precursor to pyridoxal phosphate: cofactor for the enzyme aromatic amino acid decarboxylase. This enzyme is responsible for converting the precursors 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) into serotonin and melatonin, and levodopa (L-DOPA) into dopamine, noradrenaline and adrenaline. As such it has been implicated in the treatment of depression and anxiety.[citation needed]”

Perhaps the benefit you experienced might be related to dopamine production.

I was wondering if you could get the same benefit from Mucuna Pruriens without the risks from taking large doses of vit B6..

According to Mark Wilson, Mucuna Pruriens contains l dopa, a precursor to dopamine,.

He claims it:
• Increased sex drive
• Enhanced creativity
• Elevated mood
• Increased motivation
• Increased testosterone and sperm count

He claims “to boost low dopamine levels you need to take a high quality Mucuna Pruriens extract, standardized to contain 10-15% l dopa. Start off with a dose between 200- 400mg depending on your bodyweight and size. Cycle the supplement with a few days on, followed by several days off, otherwise you’ll build up a tolerance. “

He also claims “Few adverse effects have been reported with this supplement. At high doses the side effects can include, increased body temperature, rapid heart rate, and insomnia. If dosed at the recommended levels, side effects are rare as it has a very low toxicity level.”

Papple has advised me to try Mucuna Pruriens. See here - Libido supplements long term question (p. 2)

I now intend to try it more regularly to see how it goes.

Regards
Austfred


Last edited by austfred : 01-14-2014 at . Reason: minor edit to make the link work

The effect of vitamin B6 is to lower prolactin levels. It is a well documented effect in scientific papers, here there is a little summary but you won’t have problems finding more on pubmed.
http://alphaanatomy.com/B6.html

There isn’t any scientific paper supporting the claimed libido boosters effects of mucuna pruriens by what I know, and anyway in large doses it is way more toxic and costly than vitamin B6.

Just for reference, 600mg’s of B6 is 30,000% of the daily recommended value.

I take a B-50 supplement that contains 50mg’s of 5 different forms of vitamin B and 50mg’s of B6 comes to 2500% of the recommended daily value and I thought that was rather high.


The primary goal of PE should be to make your penis as healthy as possible in both form and function. If you do that, increased size will follow.

Benadon is a pharmaceutical form of vitamin B6 comes in 300mg x pill. No permanent side effetcs of vitamin B6 have been documented by what I know. Side effects of other prolactin antagonists are generally worse.

I thought any over 400 I.E (MG?) vitamin E was pretty dangerous because it’s not water soluble?

I took 900 mg per day of vitamin E and did nothing, in a way or the other. Nor I have found any reported intoxication by vitamin E.

I’m not suggesting long term abuse of vitamins though, just something you could try for a week or two.

Originally Posted by marinera
The effect of vitamin B6 is to lower prolactin levels. It is a well documented effect in scientific papers, here there is a little summary but you won’t have problems finding more on pubmed.
http://alphaanatomy.com/B6.html

There isn’t any scientific paper supporting the claimed libido boosters effects of mucuna pruriens by what I know, and anyway in large doses it is way more toxic and costly than vitamin B6.

Marinera

>The effect of vitamin B6 is to lower prolactin levels. It is a well documented effect in scientific papers, here there is a little summary but you won’t have problems finding more on pubmed.

Interesting article. The article indicates that prolactin suppresses dopamine which is responsible for sexual arousal. So Vit B6 effectively is increasing dopamine by lowering prolactin levels. Mucuna Pruriens on the other hand is claimed to contain l dopa, a precursor to dopamine so taking it should also increase dopamine levels. It indicates that taking both Vit B6 and Mucuna Pruriens at lower levels might achieve the same increase in dopamine you have been getting with 600mg Vit B6.

I caution that I have absolutely no expertise in pharmacology and the above deduction is based simply on what i have read.

As you point out prolonged use of Vit B6 has harmful side effects. For the purposes we are discussing I assume one would want to take it intermittently on a long term basis. That raises the question - if you were to take say 600mg in one dose say twice a week could that have health risks?

>There isn’t any scientific paper supporting the claimed libido boosters effects of mucuna pruriens by what I know, and anyway in large doses it is way more toxic and costly than vitamin B6.

Yes because substances like mucuna pruriens are natural and drug companies cannot patent them there seems to be little research done on them. I found it harder to find info on mucuna pruriens than most other so called test boosters.

Secondly I was not suggesting you take large doses of mucuna pruriens but was wondering if doses in the recommended range might help.

Thirdly the only cheap Pyridoxine I have found locally is straight Pyridoxine powder (not Pyridoxine HCl) supplied by a local eBay seller. I did buy some 240mg Pyridoxine HCl tablets from a local pharmacy at a reasonable cost but realised these are slow release. Have started taking them along with mucuna pruriens at the recommended doses and will report back on results. Benadon is not available locally.

Now you write you are trying out the Vit B6 because you have had troubles ejaculating. Now I have been following some of your impressive exploits on Thunders and get the impression that your EQ must be generally pretty good. I note the article you referred to refers to reducing the refractory period. Am I correct in assuming that your aim is to mainly achieve this. and achieve multiple ejaculations over a fairly short period I trust I have not offended.

I am a lot older than you and have some EQ issues. I have had an ejaculation issue on and off for some time whereby I can get it hard and satisfy the wife but not always ejaculate during sex. I am not aiming for multiple ejaculations but that would be nice.

Originally Posted by austfred

As you point out prolonged use of Vit B6 has harmful side effects. For the purposes we are discussing I assume one would want to take it intermittently on a long term basis. That raises the question - if you were to take say 600mg in one dose say twice a week could that have health risks?
….


Nope. To be even more on the safe side, one can take it 3 weeks on/2 off. But prolonged use of megadosis of vitamin B6 is common; there are body builders who take drugs like trenbolone or nandrolone; these drugs raise prolactin levels and cause gynecomastia and loss of libido; to fight these effects, they take other drugs, which are costly and sometimes hard to get; beside that, these drugs cause side effects that are too harsh for a good number of people.

So they take vitamin B6 at 600-900 mg per day, for several weeks, and it is effective to fight the drop in libido; some of those guys get the side effects of these mega doses, which are nerve numbness and body instability. But these side effects are not permanent and disappear when the use is discontinued. Of course 600 mg/day for many months can cause permanent damage I suppose; megadosis of about everything for prolonged time will have serious side effects.

I think most of people will feel a boost with lower doses than I tried, so one could start taking 100 mg/day, then try 150 mg etc. etc.

Originally Posted by austfred
….
>There isn’t any scientific paper supporting the claimed libido boosters effects of mucuna pruriens by what I know, and anyway in large doses it is way more toxic and costly than vitamin B6.

Yes because substances like mucuna pruriens are natural and drug companies cannot patent them there seems to be little research done on them. I found it harder to find info on mucuna pruriens than most other so called test boosters.


Vitamins are natural too; so is creatine, carnitine etc. etc.. So I don’t think the argument stands. You don’t find reliable studies on mucuna pruriens is because the ones performed show no effects so no one has interest in pushing for the publication; way more convenient to let people believe it works and sell mucuna pruriens in any supplement store.

BTW, mucuna pruriens contains L-dopa which is effective in lowering prolactin levels; unfortunately, L-dopa has some very nasty side effetcs. But then again, luckily there is so small amount of L-dopa in mucuna pruriens that it will do nothing to most of people. If the amount was higher, mucuna pruriens wouldn’t be sold in most of countries I think.

Of course there could be some people who are hyper-sensitive to L-dopa and cold benefit even from traces of this substance I guess, but in most of cases I think the effect will be due just to a placebo effect.. For example, many swear zinc makes miracles for them, when the scientific evidence points toward the fact that if there isn’t a severe deficiency of zinc in the body it will do nothing for sex drive or hormonal levels.

Originally Posted by austfred
…..
Thirdly the only cheap Pyridoxine I have found locally is straight Pyridoxine powder (not Pyridoxine HCl) supplied by a local eBay seller. I did buy some 240mg Pyridoxine HCl tablets from a local pharmacy at a reasonable cost but realised these are slow release. Have started taking them along with mucuna pruriens at the recommended doses and will report back on results. Benadon is not available locally.
….

I hope this can hel you:
Pharm Sci. 1979 Sep;68(9):1179-81.
Effects of pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6) on chlorpromazine-induced serum prolactin rise in male rats.

Rosenberg JM, Lau-Cam CA, McGuire H.
Abstract
To investigate if vitamin B6 inhibits prolactin release and to compare this effect to that of bromocriptine, a known suppressor of prolactin release, a study was conducted in male rats. Animals were pretreated with pyridoxine hydrochloride, pyridoxal hydrochloride, saline, or bromocriptine 30 min prior to receiving varying doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples were obtained 90 min later and analyzed for serum prolactin by a double-antibody radioimmunoassay. Another study involved pyridoxal hydrochloride and saline pretreatments 30 min prior to doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples collected 60 min later were also analyzed for serum prolactin.

Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly suppressed the chlorpromazine-induced prolactin rise (p less than 0.01). However, the suppression was significantly less than that produced by bromocriptine (p less than 0.01). Pyridoxal hydrochloride, another natural form of vitamin B6, failed to suppress prolactin under the conditions of both studies. This investigation may lend support to the concept that pyridoxine hydrochloride partially inhibits prolactin by a mechanism not involving dopamine.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/501547

I’m not a pharmacologist either; ‘slow release’ though, I think it means it acts slower but for longer spans of time. Anyway, if one would take half dose it in the morning and half in the evening for some daysI think he will feel the effects once reached a given amount (that could be different from a guy to another).

Originally Posted by austfred
…..
Now you write you are trying out the Vit B6 because you have had troubles ejaculating. Now I have been following some of your impressive exploits on Thunders and get the impression that your EQ must be generally pretty good. I note the article you referred to refers to reducing the refractory period. Am I correct in assuming that your aim is to mainly achieve this. and achieve multiple ejaculations over a fairly short period I trust I have not offended.


No offence at all. My EQ isn’t really that good, probably because I am a heavy smoker. As I get it though, prolactin antagonists help more for raising libido, enhancing the feelings, achieve orgasm(s); it would be the ideal complement for cialis & c., which boost erections but do nothing for libido, to say it shortly.

I found also these links that may be helpful for you
http://www.mrsupplement.com.au/vitamin-b6
http://www.evitamins.com/vitamin-b-…34#.Utc_cdLuJtM
http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/924


Last edited by marinera : 01-16-2014 at .

Marinera, thanks for all the info. Certainly of interest.

>So they take vitamin B6 at 600-900 mg per day, for several weeks, and it is effective to fight the drop in libido; some of those guys get the side effects of these mega doses, which are nerve numbness and body instability. But these side effects are not permanent and disappear when the use is discontinued. Of course 600 mg/day for many months can cause permanent damage I suppose; megadosis of about everything for prolonged time will have serious side effects.

You wrote that you noticed a benefit after a few hours. I would rather err on the cautious side so I suppose if I took a larger dose, say 600mg once a week I should get a short term benefit without any long term damage.

>I think most of people will feel a boost with lower doses than I tried, so one could start taking 100 mg/day, then try 150 mg etc. .

Seems sensible. Will try that first and see how it goes.

>Vitamins are natural too; so is creatine, carnitine etc. etc.. So I don’t think the argument stands. You don’t find reliable studies on mucuna pruriens is because the ones performed show no effects so no one has interest in pushing for the publication; way more convenient to let people believe it works and sell mucuna pruriens in any supplement store.

That interpretation could be right. On the other hand Vitamins are relatively well understood and widely used. Mucuna pruriens much less so. However the argument used does apply to both.

>BTW, mucuna pruriens contains L-dopa which is effective in lowering prolactin levels; unfortunately, L-dopa has some very nasty side effetcs. But then again, luckily there is so small amount of L-dopa in mucuna pruriens that it will do nothing to most of people. If the amount was higher, mucuna pruriens wouldn’t be sold in most of countries I think.

Would like to know more about it and the other so called test boosters.

>Of course there could be some people who are hyper-sensitive to L-dopa and could benefit even from traces of this substance I guess, but in most of cases I think the effect will be due just to a placebo effect.. For example, many swear zinc makes miracles for them, when the scientific evidence points toward the fact that if there isn’t a severe deficiency of zinc in the body it will do nothing for sex drive or hormonal levels.

I agree but hope I am objective enough to minimize the placebo effect.

>I’m not a pharmacologist either; ‘slow release’ though, I think it means it acts slower but for longer spans of time. Anyway, if one would take half dose it in the morning and half in the evening for some daysI think he will feel the effects once reached a given amount (that could be different from a guy to another).

Yes the one I bought releases over 8 hours. It is the same one you provided a link to :http://www.australianvitamins.com/products/view/924
The other one really is not viable for those outside the US as the free shipping only applies to the US and overseas shipping from the US is quite expensive on items such as these. One I could buy is from Biovea who does offer free shipping over a reasonable value - http://www.biovea.com/au/product_de…=204&KW=vitamin B6&cp=4&NAME=VITAMIN-B6-100mg-100-Tablets

They are 100mg and do not appear to be slow release. I bought my mucuna pruriens from them as it also is not sold locally.

>No offence at all. My EQ isn’t really that good, probably because I am a heavy smoker. As I get it though, prolactin antagonists help more for raising libido, enhancing the feelings, achieve orgasm(s); it would be the ideal complement for cialis & c., which boost erections but do nothing for libido, to say it shortly.

I find Tribulus Terrestis and Horny Goat Weed do help libido I am sure they are not placebos. I also think I have get benefit from Rhodiola Rosea.

Also the issue of ejaculation in my case can be separate from libido. You obviously need libido to ejaculate but you can still feel horny and be hard yet have difficulty ejaculating. I have suffered from this intermittently for many years. I also has a particular experience involving a PE injury where I could not ejaculate for about 3 weeks. I believe injured my glans by rolling an Xsleeve over it and causing nerve damage. Rest, heat and cold and ultimately a little Voltaren cream fixed that. My motivation in trying Vit B6 is more for ejaculation than libido.

Regards
Austfred

Originally Posted by austfred
…..
You wrote that you noticed a benefit after a few hours. I would rather err on the cautious side so I suppose if I took a larger dose, say 600mg once a week I should get a short term benefit without any long term damage.
……


I see. Well I would try 600 mg 12 hours before you plan to have sex in your pants. Since the speed of metabolism can influence the kick in, I would try it 2-3 days in a row. If you feel mucuna pruriens is effective for you, than it could be a good idea to alternate the two, for example 1 week B6, the next mucuna pruriens.

As for tribulus, it does make you horny, I doubt it raises testosterone neither it lowers prolactin; basing on what I have read, the effects of tribulus on humans are not really understood. Be aware that there isn’t much of knowledge about long term effects of tribulus supplementation, neither many of other herbs.

I use a 10mg dose of selegeline daily for various reasons. Primarily to deal with maintaining dopamine neuron levels as I age. One of it’s side effects though is it has a marked effect on prolactin..

Pharmacopsychiatria. 1983 Sep;16(5):143-6. Links
An early phase II trial with L-deprenyl for the treatment of neuroleptic-induced parkinsonism.Perenyi A, Bagdy G, Arato M.
The effect of L-deprenyl on neuroleptic-induced parkinsonism was evaluated in eleven patients. No significant improvement was observed during the treatment with L-deprenyl in the overall assessment. Four patients, however, were considered responders as their total scores on the modified version of Neurological Rating Scale decreased by at least 50%. No somatic or mental complications were observed during the study. The pretreatment platelet monoamine oxidase activity of the responders was slightly but not significantly higher than that of the non-responders. The plasma prolactin (PRL) levels of the patients with high pretreatment levels decreased significantly during the administration of L-deprenyl.

So long as you remain at the 10mg level, the MAO effects don’t occur. I’ve been on it for over 3 years with no ill effects whatsoever.


Was - NBPEL 6.5" BPEL 7.5" MSEG 5.5" Now - NPBEL 8.1" BPEL 8.7" MSEG 6.3"

>I see. Well I would try 600 mg 12 hours before you plan to have sex in your pants. Since the speed of metabolism can influence the kick in, I would try it 2-3 days in a row. If you feel mucuna pruriens is effective for you, than it could be a good idea to alternate the two, for example 1 week B6, the next mucuna pruriens.

Marinera, thanks for this. I gather you are suggesting the Pyridoxine HCl takes a few days ‘to kick in’. Given that the slow release tabs should be OK at least for a trial. I have taken two about 15 hours apart without any side effects but also have only noticed limited benefits. Will lay off the mucuna pruriens to not complicate things.

>As for tribulus, it does make you horny, I doubt it raises testosterone neither it lowers prolactin; basing on what I have read, the effects of tribulus on humans are not really understood. Be aware that there isn’t much of knowledge about long term effects of tribulus supplementation, neither many of other herbs.

Yes I suspect you are right. That might explain why I can feel horny yet have problems ejaculating at times.

I recently had my testosterone measured and it is below normal but not markedly. I have an inherited cholesterol problem and have been on statins and other such drugs for many years. However since I started PE I have gone on a weight reduction program including more exercise and some dieting and have lost 11kg which puts my weight probably about 5 kg above what I would consider ideal for me. As a result of this and the statins etc my cholesterol went below normal. The doc removed my non- statin drug, ezertrol (its more expensive) but kept me on simvastatin which many have found to reduce testosterone.

Looks as if I am going to have to have a debate with the doc and see if he can (will) put me on a different drug which is likely to have less adverse affects on test. He does not like pesky patients raising issues like this, Just done some reading which Fluvastatin (LESCOL) or Pravachol may affect Test less but they are weaker at reducing cholesterol. They may not be available locally. Another option is Niacin which can boost libido as well as reducing cholesterol. The only issue I have is that it can aggravate gout which I have had in the past.

So in conclusion I could end up taking two Vit B group Pyridoxine and niacin and possibly a reduced quantity of statin,

Top
123
Similar Threads 
ThreadStarterForumRepliesLast Post
Hanging Guidelines / Personal & Average Maximum Gain-rate (PMGR & AMGR)Mr. FPenis Hangers1208-03-2010 05:50 AM
Viagra for Girth Work and my Thoughts/Observations from personal experience so far...StillwantmorePenis Enlargement5808-16-2006 12:20 AM
Vitamin E gives mice a longer, more acrobatic lifetwatteaserMale Supplements109-04-2005 08:21 PM
Viagra Q's...Need personal experience.romeo1Male Supplements1512-31-2002 06:41 AM

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:38 AM.