Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

The Captn's Wench: Supplies

The Captn's Wench: Supplies

The Captn’s Wench: Alternative Supplies

I must admit that the considerable attention given the Captn’s Wench took me by surprise. With that in mind it is understandable, and hopefully forgivable that I found myself unprepared for the numerous calls for alternative materials people might use in constructing a Wench should they be unable to acquire the supplies as I originally posted them.
I think it says a lot about the design of the device as well as the resourcefulness of the PE community that so many alternative materials have proved effective and worthwhile to this end (we are a crafty bunch of scoundrels!).
I hope to devote this thread to the subject of materials people can easily acquire and use to construct a Wench while still maintaining the basic integrity of the device. Any ideas you might feel worthwhile to share are welcome, as of course are any questions. I only ask that people make sure to first test their materials for merit before posting and leave speculation on the drawing board. Remember, people will be using your ideas on their prized manhood.

I myself have spent time exploring this issue and will periodically be posting any developments here in this thread. In the meantime PirateSteve, that water chugging PE genius, has been very busy in his laboratory of horrors and has come up with a number of easily attainable items that all work wonderfully with the Wench design. It is my honor to have him kick things off.

—Cap

For instructions on how to construct your own Wench click - here

Alternative Grippers
Can’t find any grippers where you are? They are indeed the very best material to use in Wench construction, but not the easiest part to find. If you can’t locate any grippers, but want to Wench, what does one do? I have tried and successfully used a number of alternative materials. Shown in the photo are some Plastic Shims I got at Ace Hardware for $2.49 (item #4 - they are made to stabilize furniture that tilts or wobbles)), a paint stick I got free at Home Depot (item #5), and a wooden yard stick I got at Home Depot for a whopping $0.59 (item #6). You can use anything hard - like wood, aluminum or plastic - as long as you can cut it to size (1 x 2 x about 1/4 inches). I have made and successfully tested grippers that were scrap aluminum, scrap lexan, balsa and an old wooden ruler as well as the things in the photo. The Plastic Shim furniture wedges (item #4) interested me because they were already the right size. However, since they are wedges, one must glue two together to get them an even width. Once done though, they work marvelously well.

The idea is to get something hard that can act like a vise on the sides of your penis. If it bends, even a little, it will put pressure where it will do bad things. Use some creativity, and you will find something small and hard that is just right. After all my experimenting I find I am partial to free paint stirrers because the price is right, they are easy to cut, they are the right width and thickness, and they should be available pretty much anywhere paint is sold.

The key to alternative materials for grippers, I have found, is to use something on top of the hard material to provide a bit of “give” and provide some “grip”. There are two classes I have discovered that work wonderfully for just this.

Gripper Padding:
Item #1 in the photo is a set of Gel insoles. They are available most places and as far as I know any brand can be used. They cut like butter even with safety scissors. In fact, it is much harder to open the package than cut the Gel. Cut them a little bigger than the gripper so the sides hang over for maximum comfort. (since the grippers are 1x2, make the gel 1.5x2.5 for instance). In the photo, item #1 is an Airplus Gel Cushion Insole I bought at Walgreens Drug Stores for $4.99 (and got a 50 cent off coupon on top of that). It has a tight waffle pattern that enhances grip. Yes, it will leave temporary marks on your penis (you could always carry around some maple syrup for any girl that mentions it). One advantage of the Insole is that most of them have a felt backing, making them easy to attach to your grippers. Stick a square of “male” velcro on the top side of the gripper. Then just place the Gel felt side down against the Velcro and it sticks just fine. Now you have a comfortable “gripper” alternative (actually, this version is much more comfortable than the gripper alone ever was for me).

Item #2 in the photo is an Airplus Gel Heel Cushion also purchased at Walgreens for $4.99. It is perfectly smooth, so you can avoid the waffle pattern if you like by using it. What it does not have though is a felt backing. That means you will have to use some flexible glue or double sided tape to attach it. You could put “male” velcro on the gripper as with the insole, and then put a square of “female” velcro on the Gel Heel Cushion. This works, but you are starting to get a lot of thickness to the whole thing and it may not fit inside your Cable Clamp. That said, I have done exactly this and it seems fine - but I prefer to glue the Gel to the gripper (I use a large size Cable Clamp myself anyway). As a side note, with the Gel Heel Cushion glued to a cut up ruler I have been able to hang fairly comfortably without wrapping up to about 12 pounds for 20 minute sets. Perhaps you could too?

Item #3 in the photo is Aquarium Silicone, I bought this tube at Ace Hardware for $4.49. You should be able to find it at any pet store that sells fish, and most of the Super Wallmart’s sell it too. It is lovely stuff, a glue and cushion in one. Be careful to get the Aquarium type of silicone though, the regular silicone is toxic and will make your penis fall off (well no, but it could give you a rash). To use it, just run a few beads down the top surface of the gripper, or you can just smear on a nice layer with a matchbook cover. I find this stuff indispensable for PE gear, and have beads of it on most of my junk. It is also a fine glue. I used it to glue my cut up Gel Heel Cushion to my cut up ruler for my own Wench, and to glue the Plastic Shim furniture wedges together as a replacement gripper.

If you intend to use the Wench as an ADS or as a manual stretch assist (and if you are not, hello, like get with the program dude) padding the grippers makes a whole lot of sense. Even if you use real grippers instead of wood, metal or plastic ones - padding them with silicone or gel will allow you to ADS or manual stretch all day without wrapping. Now some sensitive guys might still need a really light wrap, but I sure don’t and I bet you won’t either if you use some gel or silicone on your grippers.

grippers.webp
(52.9 KB, 7120 views)

"In an honest Service there is thin Commons, low Wages, and hard labour; in this (Piracy), Plenty and Society, Pleasure and Ease, Liberty and Power; and who would not balance Creditor on this side when all the Hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour Look or two at choaking. No, A merry Life and a short one, shall be my Motto."--Bartholomew Roberts

Cable Clamp Alternatives
Want to Wench, but can’t find a Cable Clamp? All your friends teasing you because they are Wenching and you aren’t? Have no fear, there are alternatives! Granted, none of them are as elegant. And you would not use any of them if you could get a Cable Clamp. But these clamps will work, and they will get you hanging. I have tested each one up to 20 pounds in 20 minute sets, so I hope you appreciate my sore penis because I did it all just for you (I own a zillion Cable Clamps myself, and usually hang at 15 pounds).

Clamp #1 is a simple 2” c-clamp I purchased at the Home Depot for $1.96. It is ugly, but it works just fine. It has a tendency to leave circular marks in the Wench - but who cares. I didn’t show it in the photo, but I found that placing a couple 1x2 inch paint stick pieces between the clamp and the Wench eliminated the marks, and made the clamp less likely to twist off if one bumps the clamp hard while hanging. For me it was just easier to use it as shown and not to bump the thing much.

Clamp #2 is a 4” Quick Grip Handi-Clamp clamp made by Irwin. It cost $5.90 at Home Depot. This clamp goes on and comes off instantly, so it is very nice that way. But it is bulky. Really bulky. After I took the photo, I drilled some holes in the handles at the ends and ran a string through them. Then I hung weights from the string between the clamp handles. I kind of like this, as I can attach the clamp and the weights at the same time. I hang my set, then release the clamp and the weight at the same time - leaving the Wench on but without any pressure. 10 minutes later, on goes the clamp with the weights. I have actually gotten to like this more than the Cable Clamp, it is so quick and easy - and I can do it all easily one-handed (which was important when I hurt my hand last month). What’s more, I can really crank down on the clamp and I imagine that one could easily hang 100 pounds off it as tight as it can get (and if you are hanging 100 pounds, please send me a picture!)

Clamp #3 is a 2” spring clamp, bought for $2.96 at the Home Depot. I have seen them at Wallmart, hardware stores, and at lumberyards. They are cheap and easy to use. Just put it on as shown in the photo, and you are off and hanging. A little ungainly looking, but it does indeed work. Be careful putting it on though. Until you get the hang of it, the clamp has a tendency to twist off the grippers if you let go too quickly. After a few nasty pinches you will get the hang of it though! It does go on and come off instantly though, and it will hold the weight, so it earns a place here.

Clamp #4 is a 2” Irwin Quick Grip Handi-Clamp. It cost $4.90 at Home Depot and I bought it because the 4” I already had and was using was overkill. The 2” works wonderfully as shown. I have difficulty getting it on in the manner shown in the 4” clamp picture (#2). I can do it, but I have to squish my penis head a bit to get it where I want it. Still, it is half the bulk of the 4” clamp, and with the holes drilled in the handles it can be used exactly as I have described the 4” clamp - so if you were going to try out one of these fine clamps I would have to say the 2” one would be the place to start. I actually have 15 pounds tied to the 4” clamp, and 12 pounds tied to the 2” clamp and switch clamps based on how much I want to hang. Ah, decadence.

Clamp #5 is a combination of 3 things, but when assembled it works fine and is the most compact of all the clamping mechanisms. What’s more, it is the best looking! You will need a releasable wire tie. I bought a package of 15 black Releasable Tie/UV in 7” length from the Home Depot for $2.97. If you can find some just a little longer that would be helpful if you are wider flaccid (I am 5” flaccid and 7” just barely makes it, but it does work). If you find you can’t get one wire tie around your Wench, you can always put the male end of one tie into the female end of the another and make a longer length. For goodness sakes, only get the releasable wire ties. If you do not, you will have to cut them off. I don’t know about you, but ever since my circumcision as a baby I have gotten really nervous when knives come anywhere near my penis. And for that reason, practice with the wire tie first before you use it. There is a short learning curve with them. Once you get the hang of it they come right off. But until you figure out the technique, they will stay locked. So practice snugging them around something and releasing them until you feel comfortable with the process. Of course you can always cut one off it it gets stuck, but then there is that whole knife near the penis thing again.

The second component is the wire tie gun. I have a hellishly expensive one myself, but I bought and tried out the pictured “cheap” one. It works just fine. Pictured in #5 is a Thomas&Betts Tighten/Trim Tool which is the least expensive one I could find and it was $10 at Home Depot. Ouch. But who couldn’t use one anyway? Use the gun and some ties to hogtie women or perhaps even bundle all those messy wires coming out of your computer and snaking all over the place. Anyway, the gun is necessary to get enough pressure out of the tie to hold the weight of hanging. The more weight you hang, the tighter the tie needs to be. Just don’t use the tool to trim off the end of the tie if you want to reuse the tie (and you do want to reuse the tie, right?)

The last component is bigger grippers. This will work without them, but I am uncomfortable with the amount of pressure the wire tie places on my dorsal nerve when I am hanging above 10 pounds without this modification. So if you want to hang with the beautiful, sexy wire tie, please make this mod to your grippers. I find that grippers that measure 2x2 inches provide the best margin of safety for me. Now I am pretty wide (5” flaccid), so you may find you can cut that down to say 1.5x2. What you want is to be able to squeeze the sides of the Wench without putting any pressure on the top of your penis. Since the grippers originally recommended in Wench construction come in 1x4 rectangles, they are not up to this task. One may purchase bigger grippers and cut them down, but I find using a scrap piece of wood, plastic or metal is cheaper and works better (see the discussion on Alternative Grippers).

Now, with the bigger grippers in place, you merely have to put on the wench, wrap the tie, and use the gun to snug it up. I find that different tension is needed for different weights. The more weight, the more tension on the tie. For 10 pounds, I use a snug fit, and for 15 I crank it down tight. For the 20 on my testing I really went to town. A little experimenting will go a long way here.

Clamp #6 is a common 2.5 inch (64mm) muffler clamp. Any auto shop, anywhere in the world should have one. I bought mine at Autozone for $0.98. They come in many sizes, but I recommend this one because it will put plenty of pressure on the sides of the penis without putting any on the top (dorsal nerve). You will need a wrench or some pliers to get in on or off, and it is completely ugly, but it will work marvelously well. Use it as shown, with the bolts on the side. If the threads bottom out before it is tight enough for you to hang, just put some padding between the clamp and the wench on the sides, or better, get some washers and put them under then nuts. Just do be careful not to scrape your leg.

clamps.webp
(49.9 KB, 5970 views)

"In an honest Service there is thin Commons, low Wages, and hard labour; in this (Piracy), Plenty and Society, Pleasure and Ease, Liberty and Power; and who would not balance Creditor on this side when all the Hazard that is run for it, at worst, is only a sour Look or two at choaking. No, A merry Life and a short one, shall be my Motto."--Bartholomew Roberts

A pink rubber eraser works well for the grippers. One like this. They cost me 97¢ each at CVS.

ERASER2.webp
(2.5 KB, 4051 views)

My signature is cooler than yours.

Been a while since I saw this thread. Thanks for sharing 9.

I can’t remember who was responsible for it but someone mentioned cutting up a pair of thin flip-flops - the kind worn on the feet at the beach - into 1”X 2” grippers. Most of these would have a perfect texture built right into them for gripping without slippage.

I imagine the firmest material you can find would be most desirable - and try to avoid anything much thicker than 1/4” in depth.

So Captain, if I can’t find the original Cable Clamp, which alternative of clamps it’s more effective, maybe the last one?

Later.

BPEL 7.00 in (17.7cm) WANT 8 in (20cm)

Good grief fellas - who in hell has the time to read all this. For those of us who don’t, let us PAY YOU for having done all this wonderful and hard work!! I don’t think it would be ugly or mercenary at all for you to package these “ingredients” into kits that you offer for a price, all ready to go! I, for one, will send you the money as soon as you have it put together. I realize it is in the spirit of brotherhood that you have given away all your secrets as you have, and you are to be commended as a true hero for it. But, I don’t see anything wrong with your offering a ready-to-go kit for the MANY who just don’t want to f__ with it!

Hell, if you can put one together for me, I’ll be the first customer.

Dangle

*I measure PRE-WORKOUT, normal erection* Started: 7 EBP x 4.9 EG. Several years on and off PE, now 8.125 EBP length x 5.5 EG midshaft (5.8 base). Working on girth (clamping) again after breaks due to injuries - fast recent gains! Pics

In fact, you could agree to donate, say, 10% of the proceeds to ThundersPlace, and EVERYONE would benefit! Join the legendary Bib, be an entrepreneur and go for it!

*I measure PRE-WORKOUT, normal erection* Started: 7 EBP x 4.9 EG. Several years on and off PE, now 8.125 EBP length x 5.5 EG midshaft (5.8 base). Working on girth (clamping) again after breaks due to injuries - fast recent gains! Pics

Dangle

You can make one in 10 minutes with a pair of scissors, you just need to take a ride to home depot .
It’s really easy it’s not anything like the bib which takes a machine shop. Go for it it’s a great little hanger.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

Dino: okay. It’s just that I am so f_ing LAZY that I’d rather pay the smart dude who invented it to just SEND it to me! And, I have no problem with guys being remunerated for their brilliance. It’s the American way!

By the way Dino, any more gains? You’re the guy who got me over here.

Dangle

I can’t buy a gain these days, I was doing well with hanging with the bib but than I hit the wall and also developed a bruising problem so I took 3 months off and by bruising got a lot better but not totally gone I was hoping I decondition my dick a little also. That’s when I built a wench so I wouldn’t squeeze the bruised area and I was just about to announce a small gain but now my work schedule is stopping me from hanging. But all and all I really think that the wench pulls both the ligs and the tunica which makes it an excellent hanger. I got up to about 15 pounds with it. I’m still 8.5bpX6.5 which is a very happy place for me so I’m not supper motivated to reach my goal of 9x7 I’m just to stubborn to give up.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

OK you guys got me convinced, this I gotta try. ACE hardware is just down the street.

Dino: if I were your size, cemented, i’d stop. Just to be honest. That’s fucking monstrous.

OK!, OK! Aside from the One wrap material for making wenches, which is already on the site, I’ll start carrying the grippers and clamps. Look for them on the website as soon as I can get pictures.

09-2003 BPEL:6.0x5.5

11-2004 BPEL:8.25x6.25 . . 9+ by Spring is the goal AIR CLAMP

Now BPEL:8 5/8 x 6 5/8 PE Weights

Captn's Wench Supplies in Eastern Ontario

For those who still might be seeking out local materials for the Captn’s Wench in my part of the planet, here’s what I found and where:

Nylon strap: Canadian Tire
Paint Stir Stick: Canadian Tire (very easy to find elsewhere too)
Aquarium-grade Silicone: Big Al’s Aquarium & Tropical Fish Supply
Velcro Tape, Industrial Strength 4’x2”: Michael’s, Wal-Mart
Cable Clamps: Home Depot, Lee Valley Tools

Grippers not found — using paint stir stick w/Aquarium silicone.

HTH

-Jab