Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

Exposing Dr. Lin

Exposing Dr. Lin

A few months ago I had a PM exchange with one of our members about Dr. Lin. The member was following Lin’s "ballooning" method of male multiple orgasm which supposedly has a benefit of enlarging the penis. I pointed out some inconsistencies in Lin’s advice and how he tends to use big medical words to make himself seem like a medical doctor when in reality he has no medical degree. To support my suggestion that Lin is a quack, I dug around his web sites for some examples of misleading or erroneous statements and presented them to our member with my explanations of why they are inconsistent with sound medical knowledge. I’ve been given permission to repeat that part of my PM here.

First, a little background. Dr. Lin has set himself up as a men’s health guru specializing in the penis. He says manual PE methods are dangerous and promotes his pills and powders as being helpful on his many web sites (herbolove.com, actionlove.com, linplaza.com, drlin.net, healthtao.com, lovetao.com, actiontao.com, etc.). Doctor Lin is not a physician. He is not a physiologist. He is not an anatomist. His doctoral degree isn’t in medicine at all. Lin is civil engineer with a PhD. He apparently specializes in building bridges. Why he promotes himself otherwise is unknown

Here are some examples of Lin’s "bad medicine" from my PM exchange:

…For the most part he isn’t presenting logical, known facts about human physiology. That, in my opinion, decreases his "usefulness" as a guru. Here are some examples, I’ve highlighted the questionable parts to which I reply.

From - Solution for the post-ejaculation or post-orgasmic brain/nervous disorder, trauma and fatigue - for sexual orgasm
Your problem is due to the depletion of cerebrospinal fluid after ejaculating, resulting in deficiency of neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin in the brain. You have experienced the brain/nervous function disorder and body trauma/fatigue as a result of a deficiency of neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin and a lack of prostaglandin E-1 by the tissue in supporting the nerve, blood vessel and tissue elasticity and flexibility while ejaculation or orgasm triggers an excessive dopamine-adrenalin conversion that constricts tissue and blood vessel against its adjacent nerve. In the post ejaculation or orgasm state, your autonomic nervous system is locked into the sympathetic mode due to an excessive adrenalin level in the blood stream for nervous Fight or Flight action. Basically, your ejaculation fluid is very thin and watery, containing no much semen. In fact, semen is produced from cerebrospinal fluid. The cerebrospinal fluid contains the neurochemicals that support the brain and nervous transduction and prostaglandin E-1 synthesis in the local tissue. Taking a low dose of Our products ViaPal-hGH-P and 5-HTP daily will help you stabilize your brain and nervous function and promote the prostaglandin E-1 production, so that you can continue enjoying your ejaculation and orgasm.

Notice how he ends with a pitch for his supplements. Semen is not produced from cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). CSF is produced by the brain and surrounds the brain and spinal cord. It has nothing whatsoever to do with semen and is not depleted with ejaculation. He’s using big sounding words, especially the names of the neurotransmitters, to make what he says sound real and important. It makes no sense if you have any understanding of human physiology.

From: Over-masturbation causes this teenage boy’s blurred vision, weak erection, headaches, hypoglycemia, confusion and faint for no sexual orgasm
Your over-masturbation has burned down your brain's acetylcholine, serotonin and GABA nervous function and promotes an excessive dopamine-adrenalin conversion for the epinephrine and sympathetic nervous fire to over-ride your parasympathetic nervous restoration and healing. This fire causes your eye pupils to dilate, your liver and cardiovascular systems to function improperly, and your penis (and testicles if your hernia hole is over-expanded too) ) to shrink into your body like a dying man. For teenage boys, MoodMax and 5-HTP, in conjunction with a High Dose of EPA (1000 mg) from fish oil and GLA (500 mg) from Borage Oil , can help you gradually restore your brain and nervous function without over-stimulate your sex. If you want a lot sex and semen too, ViaPal-hGH-C (= DopaFibra + MoodMax + 5-HTP) with the high dose of EPA and GLA is the best for young people at your age.

Again his supplements are the cure. While it may be true that there is a series of steps that lead from dopamine to epinephrine (adrenalin), it isn’t a continuous, linear process that occurs each time dopamine is synthesized. Epinephrine, when used as a hormone, is created and stored in the adrenal glands and is released with sympathetic nervous stimulation. It obviously serves certain purposes, or it wouldn’t exist. Just because Lin says frequent ejaculation causes "excess" dopamine does not mean the body is flooded with epinephrine from too much masturbation. The body will create epinephrine via the dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine pathway when epinephrine is needed. It doesn’t make and release epinephrine every time dopamine is synthesized in the brain as a result of a pleasurable sensation. Lin has used a real physiological phenomenon and twisted it to make it sound dangerous. His pills, of course, will fix the "problem."

From: Case Study:  How come there are about 5-10% of sexual exhaustion cases that never recover? cut off testicular arteries by prolactin, norepinephrine and/or epinephrine induced arterial constriction and inflammation for the death of the testicular somatic s
Over-ejaculation melts down the acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous functions first and then the liver functions that release essential enzymes for the syntheses of the neurotransmitters acetylcholine, dopamine and serotonin and the chains of hormone production; it causes the brain and adrenal functions to perform excessive dopamine-norepinephrine-epinephrine conversion and turn the brain and body functions to be extremely sympathetic. It results in the brain’s and nervous dysfunctions, stress, anxiety, impatience, eye floaters or fuzzy vision, buzzing (noisy) ears, cardiovascular irregularities, urinary incontinence, male and female "prostatitis," weak kidney functions, pain or cramp in the pelvic cavity or/and tail bone, weak muscles or ligaments, and so on. The solution is to take the jump-start formula ViaPal-hGH-E (3-011) or ViaPal-hGH-M (3-014) which powers and restores the brain's acetylcholine/parasympathetic, dopamine and serotonin, reduces the stress hormone level or sedates sympathetic nervous function, and partially block the sympathetic alpha receptors.

Do you see a pattern here? His supplements cure all. To suggest that ejaculation causes all of these problems is ludicrous. The one about eye floaters is especially funny. Here is one site that explains the real reasons why eye floaters develop. Ejaculation has nothing to do with it.

The uneven testicle size is due to the uneven distribution of the testosterone/DHT receptors, the nutritional supply by blood circulation, and the "optimally internal use’ of the each testicle. It is normal to have unequally sized testicles. The penile size is a measure of hemodilation of the penile arteries as well as the penile DHT receptor density and the amount of DHT in the receptors during erection. You should ask your grandpa about his penile size (shrinkage) in his different age… The only permanent penile enlargement is to implant a pair of 10" x 1" stainless steel or teflon rods. In this way, even if you die, you will still have a permanently erecting penis to go to heaven. So, after your body is decomposed, you penis is still erecting, but without skin. Naturally, it will last forever, despite of live and death. You can enjoy the eternal erection and orgasm in THY KINGDOM COME.

Huh? Where’s he going with this? Uneven testicle size could be due to any number of things. Certainly the number of androgen receptors has nothing to do with it. Perhaps circulation does. What is "optimally internal use"? He’s using a lot of big terms here, but isn’t really saying much that makes sense. See the example below concerning androgen receptors in relation to penile size. And the remarks about steel rods - is he trying to be funny?

From: Dr. Lin’s penile growth theory and permanently penile enlargement for you to go all the way to heaven and to have more sexual orgasm after you die.
It took you at least 8 years, from 8 to 16 years during your puberty, to grow your penis from 3 inches to 6 or 7 inches. That is, your growth rate is about 0.5 inches per year when your neuro-endocrine function reaches its peak power in your life. You can have the same penile growth rate, 0.5 inches per year, if you can bring your neuro-endocrine function back to your puberty state at your current age of 24. If you can keep the same condition for 8 years, your penis can grow up to 10 inches long at the age of 32. If you can continue to maintain your puberty state for the rest of your life, your penis will grow to an infinity, at a rate of 0.5 inches per year. How about that!?. However, if you can not keep your neuro-endocrine function up, your penis will shrink it back. When men are about to die, their penises and testicles will first shrink into their bodies and their eye pupils will dilate big enough to have a fuzzy or blurred vision, full of eye floaters. That is, if your penis and testicles start to shrink, your life force, the brain's acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous function (the life energy recharging system), is degrading where "degrading" is the other name of "dying." If you let your endocrine function degrade naturally, your penis will shrink about 20% when you reach your 45 where your androgen hormone level drops down to about 64% of that in your puberty. That is, your current 6 inches penis will become 5 inches or shorter.

Penile growth during puberty occurs because androgen receptors become sensitive to testosterone and DHT, but this mechanism ends when puberty ends and it cannot be turned on again. Lin’s suggestions that it’s easy to bring "neuro-endocrine function" (a very broad term that is meaningless here) back to the same level as it was during puberty is not supported by medical research. I am 53 years old and my penis has not changed in size for more than 30 years. His theory that decreased production of testosterone ("androgen hormone") with age ("when you reach your 45") will cause the penis to shrink is not true.

All below from: He said ’ I have been practicing your ballooning method since 1998. I went from 5inches to 7 inches. Then you told me I have probably reached my full potential, that my foreskin was limiting me, which I believe is correct.’ on the penile and hair re-growth for more sexual orgasm.
Dear Dr. Lin, I have been practicing your ballooning method since 1998. I went from 5 inches to 7 inches. Then you told me I have probably reached my full potential, that my foreskin was limiting me, which I believe is correct. I emailed you asking about a traction device to grow the foreskin back to enlarge more, I'm doing that now. If I use a traction device to make my penis bigger, could that help me regrow hair due to the ability to hold more DHT in the penis? Is it possible that my penis is too small to hold all of the DHT? At the moment I can hold erections for 1-2 hours, but I’m still not regrowing any hair? I would grow my penis up to 10 inches if I thought it would grow hair on my head? I was thinking of using some of your vitamins.

I suspect he was doing more than ballooning. Extended erection time, by itself, isn’t known to cause two inches of growth. He must have been doing something else or didn’t measure correctly. I did not look for the original on the highlighted text, but this fellow obviously got the idea from Lin that the penis could be a place to "store" DHT and take it away from the scalp thus allowing his hair to grow.

Lin's reply: Yes. I think so. After you develop more DHT receptors in your penis, the penile tissue becomes a good DHT trapper. To help regrow your hair, you have to improve the scalp blood circulation to remove excessive, trapped DHT, so that the hair rooting cells can have a chance to get more Human Growth Hormone (hGH), DHEA, androstenedione and testosterone to grow hair again. If the scalp blood circulation is poor, the blood flow will give your eyebrow, mustache and beard more hGH, DHEA, androstenedione and testosterone to grow. A lack of hGH, DHEA, androstenedione and testosterone can cause hair loss too.

DHT is produced by the action of 5 alpha-reductase on testosterone. This occurs in the serum (blood), saliva, testicles, and the skin (in general, but specifically the scalp and skin of the genitals especially the foreskin and scrotum). DHT is present where it is formed. It isn’t "trapped" by certain structures or retained and kept from circulating once it is formed. DHEA and androstenedione are precursors of testosterone. The presence of any of these three substances, in and of themselves, has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. It is the presence of 5 alpha-reductase (or its suppression) that can effect hair growth. Increasing scalp circulation (and thus supposedly bringing more of these chemicals into the scalp) will not make hair grow. Suppressing 5 alpha-reductase (by a drug like finasteride) will.

Excessive ejaculation and excessive stress, that is, excessive dopamine-adrenalin conversion in both events, will burn too much testosterone into DHT in the bloodstream and every cell in your body.

As noted above, there is no such thing as "dopamine-adrenalin conversion" and DHT is not formed by "burning" testosterone during ejaculation or stress.

You can grow your penis if there is more stress neurohormone adrenalin being bound into the sympathetic beta receptors ( the sympathetic nervous hemodilation mechanism) rather than the alpha receptors, but lose you hair by this way. Unfortunately, if there is more stress neurohormone adrenalin being bound into the sympathetic alpha receptors rather than the beta receptors, you will shrink your penis and loss you hair.

Gobbledygook. Nonsense. Big words, no meaning. The alpha and beta receptors of the sympathetic nervous system have a lot of important functions in the body. Growing hair isn’t one of them.

Why does the penile ballooning method allow you to grow your penis and hair? You need a parasympathetic nervous hemodilation mechanism, good blood circulation, and sufficient supply of the androgen hormones to do both.

An increase in circulating testosterone ("androgen hormone"), in the presence of 5 alpha-reductase, will increase the amount of DHT in the hair follicles and increase the amount of hair loss. The fact is exactly opposite of what Lin says, increased testosterone will not grow hair.

When you relax and balloon your penis without stress, you get the best blood circulation everywhere due to the parasympathetic arterial dilation in your entire body, you don't have an excessive testosterone-DHT conversion in the initial erection stage, and the other parts of your body won't trap DHT, except your penile spongy tissue which starts to trap testosterone/DHT due to a sustaining erection. Then, you have to transfer your erection into the 2-stage erection to grow your penis. In the 2nd stage of penile erection, the penile DHT receptors can duplicate themselves under a biological action of androgen hormones (hGH/DHEA/androstendione/testosterone/DHT) in conjunction with the 30-60 minutes penile extreme expansion which happens when you are about to come but hold it back.

Androgen receptors have been shown to decrease with age and exposure of the receptor containing tissues to androgens in rats . I could find no papers discussing an increase in receptors in the human corpora cavernosa during extended erections.

[some text removed where he repeats himself]

A 25 year old healthy man can ejaculate 3-5 times a week if lovemaking, but 1-3 times a week if masturbating. Lovemaking and masturbation are different in neuro-endocrine responses. Masturbation is only useful for physically releasing the seminal pressure and pelvic congestion and for unlocking the brain-testicular axis for the destruction- regeneration cycle in re-setting the brain/nervous systems for a good sleep if you are not sexually exhausted. Lovemaking will give more than those mentioned above, including the stimulation of the brain-testicular axis for more testosterone production and the brain/pituitary for more oxytocin release, provided that you are not sexually exhausted. In each destruction-regeneration cycle, you must preserve your acetylcholine/parasympathetic nervous recharging system for healing, restoration and regeneration; otherwise, you will be sexually exhausted.

In other words, jerking off is only good for making you sleep better. More gobbledygook. The ~ brain-testicular axis is concerned with the hormonal control of testosterone and sperm generation. It has nothing to do with sleep.

The thermodynamic 2nd law implies that your normal, "annual" recovery rate is about 99% provided that you lose about 25% of your sexual power in your 45 (in your midlife transition) in comparing to your sexual power in your 15 (the puberty peak). If you lose about 50% of your sexual power in your 45, your "annual" recovery rate of the overall sexual destruction-regeneration cycles is about 98%. But, Don't worry. Our products can help you regenerate your sexual power; they can bring the midlife men back to their 20's in couple months for more loves and orgasms… Noticeably, some over-masturbation teenagers who become impotent at age of 20 have an annual recovery rate of about 90%… and lose 10% of steam annually.

The Second Law of Thermodynamics has to do with heat transfer and entropy. It has no relationship to "sexual power" or the age of humans and their "recovery rate." He’s totally off the wall here. Note, however, that his products will fix it.

Hint - On calculation of your nervous erectile/sexual power: According to the Dimensional Analysis of physics units, energy is linearly proportional to length squared, (your current sexual energy) / (your maximum sexual energy) = [(your current penile length)**2] / [(your maximum penile length)]**2. When the erecting penis shrinks 80% (0.8) from the maximum penis size, the sexual energy drops 64% (= 0.8 x 0.8)! This is about what the averaged middle-aged men get. It is expected that the ejaculation frequency of the averaged middle-age men should drop about 64% too.

Dimensional Analysis is a real tool in physics and other sciences. It allows one to reduce a number of variables in an equation to the smallest number of fundamental units. It isn’t about any specific formula. The one Lin proposes here to measure "sexual energy" by the length of the penis is just plain silly. His point is that he believes the penis shrinks with age and thus the man has less sexual energy as this occurs. Of course, it’s a made-up formula for a made-up problem. There’s no real science here.

There are many, many more examples of this. He makes it sound like he knows his stuff by using big medical words, but in reality he knows little about how the body works, what effects ejaculation has on the body, etc.

As I said before, he may have developed some techniques for MMO that work, such as ballooning, but his real purpose is to sell pills. And he does this by making the reader believe that normal body functions, such as ejaculation, are bad and that the body’s energy and store of hormones and neurotransmitters are decreased by them. So, in order for your body to be in correct working order, you have to take his pills.

I take a lot of supplements, but mostly I’m just playing with them to see what will happen. I don’t believe for an instant that there’s anything wrong with my bodily functions and I’m not trying to correct any problems. You, or anyone, can take all the supplements you want. My position is: don’t take them to correct problems diagnosed by Dr. Lin. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Lin supporters are encouraged to reply. Most, I think, will see this man as the charlatan he is and will disregard his advice and stick to the known PE methods presented here at Thunder’s Place.

Great post.

Westla, you have really been slaving over this one. Lin is certainly a con man. Some of the things he says are useful, like the free information on how to stop ejaculation and shut the nerve to the penis off temporarily, to stop excitment so that sex can go on for hours without ejaculation. I know that works because I tried it but I believe he just stole the literature from a good sexual taoist book. I don’t believe he has any bioscience qualifications or deep understanding of taoism either. He’s just a con man pushing pills. I would like to know which books he stole his taoist information from though because some of it is fantastic. Although it has been mixed up with his utter drivel.

There is one thing stronger than all the armies in the world: and that is an idea whose time has come.

west,

Just a great post exposing another quack who spouts big words. “Dr” Lin uses a tactic commonly called: If you can’t convince them, confuse them. He is full of it. Bullshit that is.

West

That took a lot of work and effort on your part, nice job!!

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

West,

That was a lot of work, thanks for the effort. Even with a health background I would get lost in the Lin smoke and mirror answers, I thought I was getting A.D.D while trying to read through some of his writings. As much as I thought it was BS I never felt like spending the time following up his claims in my texts.

You take a lot of time to look things up and respond to those interested here.

Thanks

Thanks West

I’ve said it before, The very fact that 5 percent of his info is solid is what makes Doc. Lin so dangerous.

Running a Massive Co-Front.

Last edited by iamaru : 10-22-2009 at .

Excellent post westla, good job.

March 2003 5.7" EBPL 5.0" EG

Currently 7.7" EBPL 5.1" EG

Goal 8.0" EBPL 6.0" EG

BIG thumbs up, Westla!

Please :donatecar to Thunder's Place to keep it running.

Thanks WestLA!

Retired.

Excellent, West.

I’d been through his site when I first got into PE. I just love how the good ‘doctor’ says that NPE will permanently damage your penis ‘for no more sexual orgasm’, but if that does happen to you, he’ll sell you something to fix it.

I knew he was a fraud long before I began PE. His prices were simply ridiculous! Great Job Westla

I completely agree, while “even a stopped clock is correct twice a day”, a mechanical one anyway, He seems like all talk, double talk at that, and no walk.

I took a chance and ordered some pills from him that was supposed to help the sensitivity problem. A month has gone by and it did not help or even increase my sex drive, worse it made me shed hair like made. I stopped using it a week ago and the shedding has slowed way down. But I’m out of pocket too.