Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

An Abrupt Size Loss

An Abrupt Size Loss

As most of the vets here know, I’ve been off PE - cold turkey - for more than 3 years. And as I’ve mentioned on several occasions, I’d only lost about 1/8” EL during all that time. As of late, however, that has changed.

The last time I measured (to verify the 1/8” EL size loss) was about 2 months ago. Out of curiosity, I checked my EL several nights ago and was stunned to see an additional 1/8”+ size loss. Suspecting, as most might, an anomaly, I’ve measured now for the 5th night in a row….same result.

Furthermore, these measurements were taken with blistering erections - so, diminished inflation is not a possibility. I also measured using the same ruler, same positioning, same press, etc. Everything was uniform - except my EL (note: my ED, which is what initially drove me to PE in 2002, has not returned. That appears to be the only aspect of my PE experience which might be called “permanent.”).

I have not been injured, ill, on medication, under any additional stress or working more hours, etc. In short, I can think of no factors which might explain why my 1/8” size loss over 3+ years has more than doubled during the past 2 months.

Most here probably know that I believe that PE gains are the result of a version of “plastic deformation.” I figure that no other models could explain why I had maintained such a high percentage of my gains for such a long time after the stressors had been removed. No type of bodily stress-adaption (hypertrophy, dermal callouses, suntanning, etc.) could possibly remain for 3+ years after those reaction-provoking stressors had been removed.

Earlier, I had hastily concluded that the “changes” that were being imposed, at the cellular level, could somehow become “normative.” I believe this was inspired by reports that UV radiation could cause permanent cellular damage (which could lead to malignancy) and that some powerful substances, such as LSD, could actually result in damage/alteration to one’s very DNA (which could even subsequently increase one’s chances of having deformed babies).

The problem with my hasty generalizations is that what we do merely imposes mechanical stressors upon the tissues (even at the cellular level), but this cannot compare to the magnitude of the cumulative effects of solar radiation or to powerful drugs that can have complex chemical interactions with one’s DNA.

What Might This Mean?
As doctors have mentioned, every cell in the human body is “recycled” (within) every 7 years. These “replacement” cells don’t happen all at once, of course - nor does it take a full 7 years for every cell in the body (only that “within” 7 years, every cell is recycled).

As PE is NOT caused by radiation or powerful interactive chemicals, it doesn’t actually alter one’s DNA - it’s just a mechanical stressor. Indeed, the “deformation” of those particular cells might be irreversible, but the “blueprint” of one’s cell factory has not been altered.

Therefore……..? Therefore, I suspect that PE cannot ever be “permanent” (unless your gains resulted from a huge zap of radiation to your cock). No matter how thoroughly you deform your (present) penile cells, no matter how long you hold onto the vast majority of those gains (such as…3+ years???), once your body starts to recycle those cells, it will do so according your cellular blueprints (DNA) - not based upon your history of stretching & squeezing your cock.

Perhaps after 3+ years I’ve been experiencing a more intensive, cumulative “recycling” of my penile cells - and the stretched out, deformed ones are being replaced by my natural cells.

Is a Total Loss Possible?
I think that might be the worse case scenario: that after all of the deformed cells of your CC, CS, ligs, connective tissues, urethra, skin, etc. has been completely recycled….you might return to the very beginning - to the cock that Nature gave you.

To guys who love to PE (I hate to PE), this probably won’t seem like too big of a deal. Nonetheless, you might be facing the prospect of life-long PE….or, you might be just a few years away from a total loss of gains.

A Maintenance Routine?
If my fears are true, all that a MR will do is to prevent short-term size losses - which I had been fortunate to keep within 1/8” EL for 3+ years - but it probably won’t do shit as your body cycles through cell replacement. In other words, as your penis recycles it’s cells, the deformed cells - the gains for which you’re trying to “maintain” - will gradually be replaced by natural cells, which gave you your natural size in the first place.

A Possible Application of The Hypothesis
A guy starts PE, makes some gains (hopefully), eventually keeps plateauing, decides that more gains are not forthcoming, decides to do a maintenance routine. This will probably keep his losses in check - until his cells are being recycled in ever larger numbers. Once this happens, his MR will seem useless. He will then basically have to restart his PE journey - in other words, vigorously hitting a full PE regimen, not some “maintenance routine.”

I may be wrong (actually, I hope that I am), but I’ll keep a close eye on this. I’ll keep measuring, weekly, over the next couple months. I’ll report anything noteworthy back to the forum.

Curious what some of the vets think about this…

Interesting. But a thought, the body obviously does not replace cells in exactly the same way each time - otherwise, we wouldn’t age. Will the cells nessecarily be replaced as completely fresh ones which haven’t been modulated, or can they replace them more closely to what you have changed it to? I have no idea, no experience in this area, just thinking out loud.

Originally Posted by Yataghan50
Interesting. But a thought, the body obviously does not replace cells in exactly the same way each time - otherwise, we wouldn’t age. Will the cells nessecarily be replaced as completely fresh ones which haven’t been modulated, or can they replace them more closely to what you have changed it to? I have no idea, no experience in this area, just thinking out loud.

Good point;however, aging is a degeneration of cells. This is the result of a lot of things, including the effects of free radicals, diminished hormonal levels, etc.

And, obviously, in young kids cells change as growth/development occurs - but this would not apply to us.

Not to diminish an otherwise totally thoughtful post, but aren’t you still safely in the huge category?

4/2008 Bpel 6.50, Beg 5.5, Mseg 4.9

6/2008 Bpel 6.75, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

9/2008 Bpel 7.00, Beg 5.5, Mseg 5.1

Theoretical quantum penisists of the world unite!

Yet another Thunder’s Place theory of “Why your dick can/can’t get bigger”.

Lol, I’m sure it will all be figured out soon.

1st Graph

Fantom,
I’m not exactly “whining” about my size, but the totality of the post explains my concerns. I’d hate to eventually end up where I started.

I’ve put together (a somewhat crude) graph. I’m going to periodically take measurements. If the recent trend continues, I might be forced to resume PE (which should be less difficult for me as my kids will soon be returning to school - and I’ll have more privacy).

I’ve uploaded a picture of the graph, representing about 3.2 yrs off PE, cold turkey.

On the left of the graph, gains are hashed out in green (the flat purple line represents my largest consistent gain).
On the bottom, in red, is the amount of time I’ve been off of PE, cold turkey.

P.S., If I recall properly, supersizeit had made big gains from PE long ago. When he resumed, about 10 years later, he'd lost all of his gains.

graph-1_3.webp
(54.0 KB, 384 views)

I’ve been off for a while now, and have definately observed shrinkage. Unfortunately, I haven’t measured yet. Not encouraging.

Also, it’s been over 100 days since my last smoke, but haven’t noticed anything positive from that, dickwise. I can say this with certainty, though. Smoking does make your balls smaller.

Perhaps I should go back on.

If you don’t use it you lose it. I was 7 inches at 21 years of age and 6.25 at 37. When I was in my 30’s I was working like three jobs with one of them being my own business and had very little time for sex not even jerking off.

I think you need to start again bro and I bet your size comes back super fast. It seems while the penis isn’t a muscle it acts like one it has some shrinkage with out usage but it also has sort of muscle memory and will reclaim lost size back very quickly. Your in a unique position to test that theory.

I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work. Thomas Edison (1847-1931)

Yelp, you are definitely trending down. At that rate you will cross the X axis in a year or two and only have a “stumpy”. The momentum of loss my be hard to reverse.

Seriously, you don’t have a problem.

2-06 6.375 bpel 5.0 mseg

7-08 7.375 bpel 6.25 mseg

7-09 7.50 bpel 6.25 mseg

I cosign Dino’ post.

Also, Wad, I think your loss can’t say us anything about how the penis grow. Cellular proliferation, elastic deformation, microfailures etc. etc., doesn’t make difference: nothing is permanent in the human body.

Originally Posted by wadzilla
Good point;however, aging is a degeneration of cells. This is the result of a lot of things, including the effects of free radicals, diminished hormonal levels, etc.

And, obviously, in young kids cells change as growth/development occurs - but this would not apply to us.

Wad,

Could you have increased your adrenaline some how? I think this is a huge factor in flaccid size, but could also affect erect size. Intensive sports or lifting? I know when I played football it may have been a factor.

Just curious?

I agree with Dino Wad. I had to regrow up to about 6”. Then added two to boot. But the fact was I was 6” at age 13, a little over 6” at at 38. But then ED sat in and shrunk to 5.5.”
You may still have rock hard ones but they are smaller rock hard one like you stated. So this is or may be the beginning of ED. Better to nip it in the bud. Start jelqing again and start taking 120mg to 240mg of standardised Ginkgo Biloba per day. You may want to have your blood pressured checked, cholesterol, blood sugar checked as was as testosterone.

Aren’t you do for a physical anyway?

Also how is your alcohol consumption coming along? To much beer raises DHT and estrogen levels.
How is your fitness level, testosterone drop with ageing naturally. You raise it back up with exercise and a few supplements.
Have you gained weight, fat is estrogenic to. More fat you gain the woman you become.
NSAIDS even chronic use of aspirin can cause ED.
How is your sex drive? Are you still horny?

I lost about 1/2” last year likely due to chronic pain killer use and NSAID use. Got it back though it took a month of consistant PE. The thing is I could still get rock hard erections but it took longer.

You can slow down ageing with exercise and good diet.

Speak softly carry a big dick, I'm mean stick!

Could weight gain be a factor? I know we all think on the fat pad in terms of non bone pressed but, you would have to reason that extra fat could also effect a bone pressed measurement. Probably not as much as NBP but at least some. I have read that 30 pounds can add up to 1 inch in the fat pad. That being the case, it would only take about 4 pounds to cost you 1/8”?

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Wad,

I’m not sure I agree with the premise that all cells will be replaced in the same condition. If that were completely true, women/men who lose great amounts of weight would never need surgery to correct the extra skin they’ve acquired. We know that surgery is done every day to remove the excess skin. I think the stress of stretching tissue, ligaments and skin can become permanent.

Just my $.02

Titleist

Started 7.75x5.75

Currently: 9.75bpX6.75eg My Picture Thread

Goal:10.0bpX7.25mseg Building a thicker unit, click by click, pump by pump, jelq by jelq!

Originally Posted by Iguana
Could weight gain be a factor? I know we all think on the fat pad in terms of non bone pressed but, you would have to reason that extra fat could also effect a bone pressed measurement. Probably not as much as NBP but at least some. I have read that 30 pounds can add up to 1 inch in the fat pad. That being the case, it would only take about 4 pounds to cost you 1/8”?

As the fat pad gets thicker it gets harder to press the ruler into the pubic bone. When you gain weight circulation at some point starts to become impaired. As the arteries become clogged less blood goes to the penis. Perhaps a few of the corpus cavernosa caverns are not filling up all the way. But he says he is still getting good erections just smaller ones. Still I think blood flow might be not as efficient. And if he also has avoided sex this could also be a very good reason for getting smaller.

Speak softly carry a big dick, I'm mean stick!