Thunder's Place

The big penis and mens' sexual health source, increasing penis size around the world.

"Show-er vs. Grow-er" -- When did you first 'get' the concept?

"Show-er vs. Grow-er" -- When did you first 'get' the concept?

I have been seeing a lot of new younger guys flooding in with a lot of size anxiety, and it made me think about when I had that anxiety in my late teens and early twenties.

And what caused it.

Basically I am a grow-er, not a shower.

But I did not understand that concept at all back then.

So I had a really distorted idea of my penis size.

So in the locker room, I thought:

“If my two-ish inch flaccid expands to about three times that size when I have an erection, then that guy with the big flaccid over there must be three times bigger when erect too!”

I also think that there were probably more “show-ers” in my high school than “growers.”

I finally heard about the “Show-er vs Grow-er” concept around twenty-three. (There was no internet in those dark days).

And I thought to myself:

“Oh.”

“Now that makes sense”

I was pretty much beyond most of my size anxiety by then because I had started having sex by then and there were complement and no complaints (I read a lot about skills and pleasing women before I got sexually active).

But that “Show-er vs Grow-er” was an interesting piece to add to the puzzle.

Similar experiences?

Last edited by sta-kool : 01-21-2008 at .

I actually found out about that concept when I first came to Thunders, I had never heard it discussed or read about it before I came here, and that was at the age of 23. I also had a similar experience when younger in school changing rooms with more showers then growers and at early gym experiences.

Dec \'23 -> Feb\'24 17.5cm -> 18.5cm BPEL / 12.7cm -> 13.1 MSEG / 18.5cm -> 18.9cm BPFSL (measuring in mm for accuracy)

My First Real Attempt:

2006 Start: 6.25" BPEL and 5" EG - 2012 7.625" BPEL / 4.875" EG / 8.063" BPFSL. (All manual routine)

Yeah. I first heard about that when I joined Thunders.

Obsession is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated.

My Pics

AOM's training log

Originally Posted by aom91
Yeah. I first heard about that when I joined Thunders.

Same here. But I think I’ve heard it from people who don’t visit Thunders.

2007-06-20: Bpl: 6.457, Eg: 5.197, Fl: 3.141, Fg: 4.331

2007-12-06: Bpl: 7.204, Nbp: 6.417, Eg: 5.118, Fl: 3.818, Fg: 4.645

Originally Posted by Dr_Reiner

Same here. But I think I’ve heard it from people who don’t visit Thunders.

How do you know? They could be secret penis pullers!

Dec \'23 -> Feb\'24 17.5cm -> 18.5cm BPEL / 12.7cm -> 13.1 MSEG / 18.5cm -> 18.9cm BPFSL (measuring in mm for accuracy)

My First Real Attempt:

2006 Start: 6.25" BPEL and 5" EG - 2012 7.625" BPEL / 4.875" EG / 8.063" BPFSL. (All manual routine)

I first heard about it at another PE forum many years ago. Never heard of it other than in PE discussion forums.

Retired.

I think I was a grower in high school.

Speak softly carry a big dick, I'm mean stick!

I think I first heard about the concept many years ago, in a sex ed class where they explained how black men don’t have larger penises, they just look longer but don’t grow when they have erections.

Ah, the good old days.

Horny Bastard

I heard about that sometime in middle school when topics like that started to be discussed more.

Is the difference between grower/shower just has to do with blood flow? I think I changed from grower to shower due to better penile health.

Originally Posted by babl
I heard about that sometime in middle school when topics like that started to be discussed more.

Is the difference between grower/shower just has to do with blood flow? I think I changed from grower to shower due to better penile health.

Yeah same here.

Speak softly carry a big dick, I'm mean stick!

Think I first heard it from gay men I was working with.

Grow yourself a whopper, then tell her to fuck off.

They gave us a talk about it about when we were first going to be taking showers at school.

The two things I remember:

1. They said everybody had basically the same sized penis. (Not entirely untrue given the range of the majority.)

2. They told us for some it was the number of folds/creases that mattered when flaccid. (It is funny because I have thought of this and noticed more creases when flaccid now verses before PE.)

They did their best, but it is hard not to be intimidated by some of the showers in the locker room. Seriously, I don’t know how some showers can go through life without getting it caught in machinery and stuff.

Sept. 4, '07: BPEL 6.875 inches, EG widest 5.25

Goal: Double digits

Chrono, you had a damn fine progressive school. A talk like that would have been nice and saved a lot of worry for nothing.

Originally Posted by chronostone
Seriously, I don’t know how some showers can go through life without getting it caught in machinery and stuff.

Laughing out loud.

I grew up in a rural area, so I took a tractor driving class when I was about 15. There’s some mechanical structure on the back of the tractor that’s tied into the engine some how. I don’t remember the name of it. I vaguely remember that it is what powers any implements (plows etc) that you have attached to it.

The instructor made a big point of telling to keep our balls away from this whenever we were behind the tractor.

“You can get caught it that and it will RIP YOUR BALLS OFF!”

I think I had nightmares for a month.

It’s called a power take off.

It did exactly that to a friend’s dad.

Actually it caught them and peeled his skin off a little, like twisting a sardine can lid.

He actually fathered a son after that. The doctors and his wife seemed to have taken a vow of silence in what exactly they did. I do know that the wife always had even more of a twinkle in her eye after the reconstructive surgery…

AND if his sons are any indication, he was a definite shower before the accident! SEE!

Sept. 4, '07: BPEL 6.875 inches, EG widest 5.25

Goal: Double digits

Originally Posted by mravg
I think I first heard about the concept many years ago, in a sex ed class where they explained how black men don’t have larger penises, they just look longer but don’t grow when they have erections.
Ah, the good old days.

That was taught in class? That is hillarious. Was that in the “book” or just comment?